ABOUT Learn by Diagram -

Learn by Diagram is an instructional blog that I started out of my compulsion to be methodical in everyday activities. All diagrams have been drawn by me, and reproduction of them is prohibited ©2011 Learn by diagram - All Rights Reserved

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Learn to "PROPERLY" use chopsticks

Every time I go to a Japanese restaurant I see westerners using chopsticks in every possible way. The following diagrams should help.

I was born in El Salvador, where back in the 80's there were NO Japanese. In one of my father's trips abroad, he brought back chopsticks for me and my brother that came with the instructional diagrams for how to use chopsticks. I have drawn these diagrams demonstrating the technique I learnt. If a 6 year old Salvadorean can learn, so can you.

P.S. My parents lived in Korea for about 8 years and I worked in Tokyo, and the technique I learnt when I was 6 proved to be the proper way, so give it a shot and impress your friends on your next sushi outing.)


NOTE: The further up you hold the sticks, the more elegant it is.


3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am a Chinese teacher.
    I will be giving a representation on how to use chopsticks.
    May I use your pictures in class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. It is time to comment! I have bookmarked this blog and returned to it several times to get the technique just right. Thank you, from a former Boston actually Cambridge resident. Good job....

    ReplyDelete